Whether it is someone’s first birthday or their 50th, making the birthday special should be at the top list of every close person. Birthday parties are like road trips and getting there is half the fun. Organizing a birthday party is both stressful and fun.
There are many elements of a fantastic party to take into consideration like budget, theme, date, venue, guest list, invitation, etc. and the primary responsibility of the party being a blast falls on the organizer. Planning a birthday party is a huge task; it seems to be hectic, but it’s not if we break it down into small tasks. There are some fail-safe steps to take to plan a fantastic birthday party that will have everyone involved along with a lot of fun.
- 6 to 8 weeks before the party
- Decide when and where the party will be held. i.e., the date and the venue.
- Select the theme of the party, do a brainstorming session to incorporate the theme into the cake, decorations, favors, and other party details.
- The most important thing before organizing a party is deciding upon the budget, which soon is done at first.
- Create a guest list for the party and order the invitation card since a takes a longer time to get it ready.
- 3 to 5 Weeks Before the Party
- Send the invitation cards to the guest, make sure it consists of all the details like the party’s start and end time, phone number, directions to the party location, and the party’s theme.
- Shop for party supplies, such as decorations and other items required; this is necessary such that if certain things are not available on stores, there is enough time to order online.
- 2 Weeks Before the Party
- Settle on the menu, select all those items which are preferred by the birthday boy/girl and the guests, keeping the budget in mind.
- Order the cake as per the theme
- Decide on the activities to be organized, so that the party is not a boring one.
- 3 to 7 Days Before the Party
- Write down the agenda for the party so that there is no chaos on that day.
- Confirm the venue and the entertainer, if any.
- 2 Days Before the Party
- Wrap the return gifts of the guest.
- Make sure all the party supplies are ready like, plates, napkins, cups, match sticks, Candles, dinnerware, etc.
- Call up upon the persons for serving food to the guest.
- 1 Day Before the Party
- Clean the party area.
- Make sure all the decorations are done.
- Confirm the order of the cake with the bakery.
- Make sure there is an arrangement of someone to capture every moment of the party because that is what will be cherished even after years.
- On the day of the party
- Check whether everything is organized starting from the clean up till all the decorations, food cake, balloons, etc.
- Welcome the guest and follow the list of the party.
- Have a blast.
Ultimately after we had a fantastic party there is one more important stuff that an organizer shouldn’t forget is to clean up the mess after the party along with settling up all the bills.
These are just a few steps to have a fantastic birthday party.