Worked for long hours? Presentation at school? Broke up with a loved one? Missing someone special to you? The best way to reduce and get relieved from these stresses is by listening to music. Researchers around the world listening to music every day has a tremendous stress-reducing effect.
Researchers in the United States proved that listening to music has an excellent effect on the functioning of the brain and nervous system. They have said that music can help significantly in healing stroke. Though it cannot completely cure stroke, it has a more significant effect. Music is said to improve the plasticity of the brain and also help in the circulation of blood and functioning of the heart.
Music therapy is not similar to other therapies to be performed in hospitals and stay on beds. You can undertake this therapy by yourself and won’t take any of your time from the busy schedule. You can custom your playlist for different activities.
- Getting ready in the morning – You can start your day with a piece of music and then while getting yourself ready to work. The best music to wake in the morning is classical or instrumental. This makes you calm and focused. You can also try upbeat music to smile and enjoy for a busy ahead day.
- Traveling – Listen to some soothing music while driving. You can hear classical music to reduce stress in traffic. This makes you reach your destination less stressed and prepare you for the day ahead energetically.
- Cleaning – You may feel bored or tired to clean and organize your home. Listening to music like hip-hop, pop, or rock would boost your energy level, and you can also enjoy and have fun while cleaning.
- Cooking – Preparing healthy foods at home is essential for a healthy life. But most of the people feel tired to cook after work. So, you can listen to smooth jazz or mild music to enjoy and cook.
- Eating – A study had revealed that listening to soothing music lowers your cortisol levels which helps in digesting the foods quickly. Classical music helps you to eat in the required quantity and helps in better digestion.
- Before bed – Adequate sleep is one of the best remedies for a healthy life. People with stress may not get proper sleep and feel tired. A study has revealed that listening to soothing music for 45 minutes in a relaxed position may induce sleep and reduce your stress to a great extent.
- Waiting in a queue – Sometimes we may have to stand in a long queue to buy tickets or pay bills. This would stress you a lot. You can listen to some soothing music to handle stress and stay calm in the line.
It would be best if you chose the music that relaxes you. Listening to some random music may irritate you rather than relax. So, always choose a playlist that you like. And also, relaxing your mind does not mean to put you to sleep. Music relaxes your body and brain and makes you perform best. Lailah Gifty Akita quotes, “Music is a great healer. Begin and end your day with music.” Always remember this quote and make music a part of your daily life and lead a stress-free life.